Control System Designer - CambridgePosted on August 16th, 2017
Powerhouse Controls is a dynamic employee owned Canadian system integrator with its headquarters located in Stratford, ON. Powerhouse Controls also has offices in Vaughan, ON and Nashville, TN USA. Powerhouse is involved with the integration of custom automation solutions for various industries ranging from Automotive to Wire and Cable, power generation and steel processing industry. We provide engineering solutions, design, service, and sales of industrial electrical equipment with global exposure. We work with a wide variety of manufacturers products used for electrical drives and controls equipment, including but not limited to: Siemens, Rockwell Automation / Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi, Toyopuc, and Omron.
Job Description Summary:
This is a challenging and exciting career opportunity for a Control Systems Designer with some previous experience in design of automation systems. The selected candidate will be required to design, program, document, and commission various control systems including but not limited to robotic welding cells, press equipment, and automated systems.
Powerhouse Controls success comes from the skill and expertise of our Control Systems Designers. They are involved with the technical design, programming, documentation and commissioning of custom control and automation systems. They are responsible for virtually all of the technical work with respect to projects and services provided to customers.
Typical projects for this specific Control System Designer opening will be PLC & HMI upgrades, machine functionality addition, breakdown investigation, safety upgrades, new equipment commissioning, continuous improvement implementation, equipment refurbishment, and machine integration. The successful candidate will enjoy seeing the final results of their efforts working at the machine level, i.e. this is a hands-on type of job. The Control Systems Designer for this specific assignment will be based out of Cambridge, Ontario for commissioning of their projects or for service work at our customers’ sites. Travel outside of the KW area may be required from to time to time, but will be occasional. There is one full-time permanent position open.
• Create, design and implement controls systems solutions for industry
• Interface with customers, provide service and support on any automation projects that fall under our scope of responsibility
• Provide value added services that promotes Powerhouse Controls and business development
• Working on various stages of automation and control projects:
o Control system design and Bill of Material creation
o Control system programming (PLC, DCS)
o HMI/SCADA Design
• Attending to field service and emergency calls
• Participating in customer meetings from a technical perspective
• Participating in planning sessions that will identify industry business drivers and trends that will serve as the basis for developing key offerings to our customers
• Accountable for individual performance goals that will be determined with your manager on an annual basis
• An Electrical/Mechanical/Mechatronics/Computer or equivalent Engineer or Technologist degree
• Minimum 1-3 years of experience in the automotive industry with: Programmable Logic Controllers, HMI/SCADA Programming, AutoCAD/Electrical Design, Debug/Testing/Commissioning
• Motivated by challenges
• Experience working on multiple projects simultaneous with a team of professionals
• Works well with a variety of different people from diverse backgrounds
• Solid time management skills
• Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
• Motivated and passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration
• Willing to work extended hours and weekends
- Toyopuc PC3J and PC10 PLC experience
- Allen-Bradley PLC experience
- Siemens S7 PLC experience
- AC & DC drive system experience
- AutoCAD 2006, Promise-E, or Unigraph
- PLC communication networks: FL/NET, Ethernet, PC-Link, DeviceNet, Profibus, Profinet, Modbus
Industry Segment Experience:
- Automation Equipment Controls
- Robotic Welding Equipment Controls
- Press Equipment Controls
- Steel Processing Equipment Controls
CULTURE OF PRIDE, CREATIVITY, PASSION AND EXCELLENCE.
Our people are our greatest resource.
We bring exceptional technical expertise and engineering experience to the table, but what really sets us apart is an unsurpassed level of passion and commitment. We listen, question, collaborate, analyze and assess until we're completely convinced that our recommendation is the best solution possible.
We provide an accelerated learning environment and a collaborative culture that together enable people to reach their maximum potential. We are dynamic, fast-paced and the opportunities for both professional and personal growth are ever growing.
Join our team today and get the exhilarating feeling of seeing your work in the hands of consumers. From aluminum foil to canned soup, or appliances, or automobiles, and clean energy; Powerhouse Controls staff have contributed to the automated manufacturing of a wide range of products encountered on a daily basis by the average consumer.
Please send resumes to:
Attn: Human Resources
Powerhouse Controls Limited
89 Lorne Ave, E., Unit 2
Stratford, ON N5A 7V8
Fax: (519) 273-6221
Or email to: HR@powerhouse.ca
No calls please.