PERKS, BENEFITS & GROWTH
Automation Service and Commissioning Technician
Full-time (40 hours/week)
We are an engineering solutions firm providing best in class services in designing, building, and implementing drive and motion solutions, automation solutions, along with custom and integrated technology solutions for our industrial / manufacturing customers.
We believe in innovation and the freedom that technology enables. Guided by our shared values, we aspire to empower our customers and exceed their engineering requirements that shape their operations and businesses.
What powerhouse can offer you!
- Competitive compensation packages including larger vacation entitlements, personal needs days, health benefits, profit sharing, RSP/401K matching the potential for annual raise, fitness incentives, CAA membership, and other perks
- Flexible work schedules with a focus on work-life balance.
- Culture initiatives including monthly social days, Weekly team lunches, Christmas party and family outings such as Wonderland and ice skating.
- Newly renovated office with the latest technologies, large lunchroom, ping pong, and foosball and various types of working spaces with a smart casual dress code
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
The Automation Service and Commissioning Technician is to commission, troubleshoot, fabricate, modify, install and/or repair control systems and devices as requested by the Engineering Manager. In this role you will be interfacing with customers while providing engineering, service, and support.
You will work closely with the fabrication and engineering teams to prepare the site installation and commissioning needs of drive, motion, automation, custom and integrated technology products, and solutions with a high level of customer service, efficiency, and flexibility.
- Troubleshoot, fabricate, modify, install, and /or repair of controls equipment as instructed, whether supplied by Powerhouse or others.
- Document on site activities, using Field Service Reports, Time Sheets, Expense Reports, electrical schematic drawings, and logs.
- Maintain the integrity of engineering information by updating changes (PLC, HMI, electrical schematics, etc.) on the company digital file system.
- Identify and escalate issues requiring additional support.
- Provide excellent customer service both over the phone and face to face, as well as have an ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences.
- Assist with the commissioning of control systems designed and produced by Powerhouse Controls engineers.
- Proper handling of hazardous materials and situations.
- Able to work from start to finish on work order with minimal supervision. Able to provide recommendations in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of customer/product issue(s)
- Carry out preparation and finishing work which includes but is not limited to standard and custom cutting, wiring, assembly, and component integration.
- Provide inputs to the engineering team in case of technical issues and troubleshooting as required.
- Check material for conformance prior to fabricating, including quality inspection and control.
- Complete all production related paperwork, including but not limited to, requisitioning of material accurately and efficiently and KPI data collection. Including material movement and stock up orders as required.
- Operate all equipment and tools in a safe and effective manner, working harmoniously in a team environment under general supervision.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in work area using various space and workflow optimization principles.
- Actively participate in and support continuous improvement initiatives, best practice methodologies and operating policies and procedures.
- Occasionally attend job sites to evaluate/correct/service issues with product as directed by the Manager.
Note: The key accountabilities are not an exhaustive list and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Electronics or Controls Engineering Technologist Diploma preferred
- 3+ years of Electrical Design or Programming experience and/or field service/commissioning experience.
- Minimum 1-year fabrication experience (electrical, mechanical) in a similar industry is required.
- Experience with industry standard equipment (Rockwell, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Toyopuc, etc.)
- A valid G Driver’s License with a clean Driver’s Abstract
- Solid mechanical aptitude, problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Above average customer service skills and computer skills.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquires or complaints. You build effective working relationships and take pride in providing excellent customer service and solutions.
- Knowledge of and commitment to workplace safety and quality.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- A strong command of the English language (read, write, speak); understanding, following and dispensing of verbal and written instructions and schematics.
- Attention to detail, organized, proactive and positive approach in the workplace.
What it takes to succeed
- A commitment to quality and service
- Respect for others
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Positive attitude
Powerhouse Controls is committed to providing a barrier-free interview process and accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the process, please contact our recruitment team.
For more information on this position, contact us at email@example.com