PERKS, BENEFITS & GROWTH
Automation Specialist – Drives
Full-time (40 hours/week)
What powerhouse can offer you!
- Competitive compensation packages including larger vacation entitlements, personal needs days, health benefits, profit sharing, the potential for annual raise, fitness incentives, CAA membership, and other perks
- Flexible work schedules with a focus on work-life balance.
- Culture initiatives including monthly social days, Weekly team lunches, Christmas party, and family outings
- Newly renovated office with the latest technologies, large lunchroom, ping pong, and foosball and various types of working spaces with a smart casual dress code
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Automation Specialist – Drives is responsible for all technical work with respect to projects and service provided to customers. The Automation Specialist plays a pivotal role in using their creativity and technical expertise to troubleshoot, repair, install, commission and implement coordinated variable frequency drive (VFD) controls systems solutions for our customers. In this role, you will be working with the engineering team and interfacing with customers while providing engineering, service, and support.
- Partner with the Project Managers and Technical Leads in areas including:
- PLC/HMI/Drives programming
- Hardware design
- Testing of systems
- Industrial communication networks
- Startup and commissioning at our customers’ sites
- Coordinated Drive system tuning
- Troubleshoot, install and/or repair control systems and drives
- Meet the schedule and quality requirements for all project deliverables
- Provide status updates to the assigned Project Managers
- Ensuring that all customer specifications are met
- Vendor, customer and community relations
- Cost control as it relates to the assigned projects
- Take turns in handling after hours emergency service calls
- Actively participate in continuous improvement
Note: The key accountabilities are not an exhaustive list and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Degree/Diploma in Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering, Control Systems, Electronics, Robotics & Automation or similar programs.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Drive System programming and field service and commissioning.
- Preferred: Professional Engineering License (P. Eng. or P.E.) or Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.)
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and passport for international travel
- Proficiency with different software tools and computer applications including but not limited to Microsoft Office, PLC programming software, electrical schematic design software, HMI programming software, Drive programming software and industrial networks
- Familiarity with special terminology in the electrical engineering field with emphasis on Drive systems
- Skill to operate and interpret oscilloscopes and multi-meters
What it takes to succeed
- A commitment to quality and service
- Respect for others
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Positive attitude
Powerhouse Controls is committed to providing a barrier-free interview process and accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the process, please contact our recruitment team.
For more information on this position, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org