PERKS, BENEFITS & GROWTH
Drives Systems Service / Commissioning Technician
Full Time 40 hours/week
We are an engineering solutions firm providing best in class services in designing, building, and implementing drive and motion solutions, automation solutions, along with custom and integrated technology solutions for our industrial / manufacturing customers.
We believe in innovation and the freedom that technology enables. Guided by our shared values, we aspire to empower our customers and exceed their engineering requirements that shape their operations and businesses.
What powerhouse can offer you!
- Competitive compensation packages including larger vacation entitlements, personal needs days, health benefits, profit sharing, the potential for annual raise, fitness incentives, CAA membership, and other perks
- Flexible work schedules with a focus on work-life balance.
- Culture initiatives including monthly social days, Weekly team lunches, Christmas party and family outings such as Wonderland and ice skating.
- Newly renovated office with the latest technologies, large lunchroom, ping pong, and foosball and various types of working spaces with a smart casual dress code
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
- RSP/401K matching
Reporting to the Drives Engineering Manager, the Drives Service Technician is responsible for all technical work with respect to projects and service provided to customers. The Drives Service Technician/Engineer plays a pivotal role in using their creativity and technical expertise to troubleshoot, repair, install, commission and implement coordinated variable frequency drive (VFD) controls systems solutions for our customers. In this role, you will be working with the engineering team and interfacing with customers while providing engineering, service and support. Typically, 60 to 85% of the time is onsite at a variety of customer locations.
- Partner with the Project Managers and Technical Leads in areas including:
- Testing of systems
- Industrial communication networks
- Startup and commissioning at our customers’ sites
- Coordinated Drive system tuning
- Troubleshoot, install and/or repair control systems and drives
- PLC/HMI/Drives programming
- Meet the schedule, specifications, and quality requirements for all project deliverables
- Provide status updates to customers / stakeholders
- Vendor, customer and community relations
- Cost control as it relates to the assigned projects
- Take turns in handling after hours emergency service calls
- Actively participate in continuous improvement of internal processes, best practices, and external value creation for customers
- Effective planning and scheduling of your assignments, including effective time management, identify and manage risk, quality control, and resource allocation
- Drive and support quality, safety and compliance mandates, trainings and procedures
- Partner and build effective relationships with customers to provide exceptional guidance and support to start-up, train, diagnose and resolve issues with commissioning and service work
- Work collaboratively to ensure project schedules, deliverables, communications, reports and processes are effectively addressing any issues, changes, updates, training, and providing overall strong client support
Note: The key accountabilities are not an exhaustive list and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Degree/diploma in Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering, Control Systems, Electronics, Robotics & Automation or similar programs.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Drive System programming and field service and commissioning.
- Preferred: Professional Engineering License (P. Eng. or P.E.) or Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.)
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and passport for international travel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong track record of achieving targets, deadlines and sense of urgency
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work well with all internal and external teams; you are passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration
- Proficiency with different software tools and computer applications including but not limited to Microsoft Office, PLC programming software, electrical schematic design software, HMI programming software, Drive programming software and industrial networks
- Familiarity with special terminology in the electrical engineering field with emphasis on Drive systems
- Capacity to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to respond effectively to common inquires or concerns from customers
- Skill to operate and interpret oscilloscopes and multi-meters
What it takes to succeed
- A commitment to quality and service
- Respect for others
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Positive attitude
Powerhouse Controls is committed to providing a barrier-free interview process and accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the process, please contact our recruitment team.
For more information on this position, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org