PERKS, BENEFITS & GROWTH
Full-time (40 hours/week)
What powerhouse can offer you!
- Competitive compensation packages including larger vacation entitlements, personal needs days, health benefits, profit sharing, RSP/401K matching, the potential for annual raise, fitness incentives, CAA membership, and other perks
- Flexible work schedules with a focus on work-life balance.
- Culture initiatives including monthly social days, Weekly team lunches, Christmas party and family outings such as Wonderland and ice skating.
- Newly renovated office with the latest technologies, large lunchroom, ping pong, and foosball and various types of working spaces with a smart casual dress code
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
This challenging opportunity is to be an integral part of our engineering team. The Electrical
Designer will be responsible to prepare detailed electrical schematics, bills of materials, and panel
layouts, in addition to mentoring more junior members of the engineering team. The Electrical Designer will also be involved in the development of EPLAN/ AutoCAD Electrical drawing standards and tools. The Electrical Designer will be responsible for all aspects of hardware design from site kick-off, to panel shop interfacing, customer acceptance, installation planning and support. You will be able to see your designs come to life with our in-house panel shop and onsite.
- Responsible for executing design planning, the creation of detailed schematics, bill of materials, and panel layout drawings, in accordance with design data and established drafting standards.
- Responsible for Site Kick off, site investigation, design, panel build support, panel testing and installation support.
- Quality control and design reviews.
- Organize and maintain symbol libraries, plot frames, reports and project templates using EPLAN P8 and AutoCAD software.
- Complete drawing/project responsibility within scope, budget and schedule.
- Develop, update and enforce drawing standards and customized tools.
Note: The key accountabilities are not an exhaustive list and other duties may be assigned as needed
- Degree/diploma in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Control Systems, Robotics & Automation or similar programs
- Minimum 5-7 Years’ experience working as an Electrical Designer.
- Valid driver’s license, passport with the ability to work in the USA.
- Experienced using EPLAN P8, AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD 2D.
- Solid understanding of AC and DC drive systems, PLC systems and control networks.
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneous with a team of professionals
- Works well with a variety of different people from diverse backgrounds
- Solid time management skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Motivated and passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration
What it takes to succeed
- A commitment to quality and service
- Respect for others
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Positive attitude
Powerhouse Controls is committed to providing a barrier-free interview process and accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the process, please contact our recruitment team.
For more information on this position, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org