PERKS, BENEFITS & GROWTH
Full-time (40 hours/week)
What powerhouse can offer you!
- Competitive compensation packages including larger vacation entitlements, personal needs days, health benefits, profit sharing, the potential for annual raise, fitness incentives, CAA membership, and other perks
- Flexible work schedules with a focus on work-life balance.
- Culture initiatives including monthly social days, Weekly team lunches, Christmas party and family outings such as Wonderland and ice skating.
- Newly renovated office with the latest technologies, large lunchroom, ping pong, and foosball and various types of working spaces with a smart casual dress code
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Designer, with previous experience in the Automation Systems Industry. This challenging opportunity is to be an integral part of our engineering team. The selected candidate will be responsible to prepare detailed electrical schematics, bills of materials, and panel layouts, in addition to completing engineering project administrative and design detailing tasks for assigned projects. The candidate will also be involved in the development of EPLAN / AutoCAD Electrical drawing system and tools.
- Prepare detailed schematics, bill of materials, and panel layout drawings, in accordance with design data and established drafting standards.
- Complete drawing/project responsibility within scope, budget, and schedule.
- Quality Control
- Organize and maintain symbol libraries, plot frames, reports and project templates using EPLAN P8 and AutoCAD software.
- Develop, update and enforce drawing standards and customized tools.
- Provide training and support to design engineers and in-house CAD users.
Note: The key accountabilities are not an exhaustive list and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Control Systems, Robotics & Automation or similar programs
- Minimum 3-5 Years’ experience working as an Electrical CAD Drafter.
- Experienced using EPLAN P8
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD 2D.
- Solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with engineering terminology.
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously with a team of professionals
- Works well with a variety of different people from diverse backgrounds
- Solid time management skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Motivated and passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration
What it takes to succeed
- A commitment to quality and service
- Respect for others
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Positive attitude
Powerhouse Controls is committed to providing a barrier-free interview process and accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the process, please contact our recruitment team.
For more information on this position, contact us at email@example.com