PERKS, BENEFITS & GROWTH
Engineering Manager – Automation
Full-time (40 hours/week)
We are an engineering solutions firm providing best in class services in designing, building, and implementing drive and motion solutions, automation solutions, along with custom and integrated technology solutions for our industrial / manufacturing customers.
We believe in innovation and the freedom that technology enables. Guided by our shared values, we aspire to empower our customers and exceed their engineering requirements that shape their operations and businesses.
What powerhouse can offer you!
- Competitive compensation packages including larger vacation entitlements, personal needs days, health benefits, profit sharing, the potential for annual raise, fitness incentives, CAA membership, and other perks
- Flexible work schedules with a focus on work-life balance.
- Culture initiatives including monthly social days, Weekly team lunches, Christmas party and family outings such as Wonderland and ice skating.
- Newly renovated office with the latest technologies, large lunchroom, ping pong, and foosball and various types of working spaces with a smart casual dress code
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
- RSP/401K matching
Reporting to the CEO, the basic function of the Engineering Manager is to direct and oversee the supervision of the Automation Engineering Department personnel to achieve preset levels of performance in terms of quantity and quality of work produced. This role currently has 13 direct reports. The Engineering Manager is responsible for hiring, training, scheduling projects, establishing goals, standards and evaluations. Other essential functions will apply upon the request of the CEO.
- Develop, lead, support and direct the Engineering team
- Streamline processes within the Engineering department to ensure work is completed efficiently and effectively
- Meet regularly with team and supporting departments to ensure proper information flow and adherence to goals and objectives
- Provide continuous feedback and coaching for performance management and development of the team, including annual performance reviews, performance improvement plans and corrective action as required
- Interview, hire and onboard personnel as needed
- Design and creation of new products
- Creation and accuracy of the Bill of Materials
- Responsible for documentation of all functions and specifications produced within the Engineering Department
- Ensure all health and safety, OSHA, USDA, CSA and any other applicable requirements, standards or regulations are followed and/or met
- Provide progress reports to the CEO
- Quality control as it relates to the Engineering department
- Vendor, customer and community relations
- Interface with customers to ensure their satisfaction with Powerhouse’s services
- Product installation instructions
- Cost and expense control for the Engineering department
- Create and monitor various engineering operations strategies aimed at the reduction of Operating Costs, Overtime Wages and improvement of Quality Control procedures
- Attend management meetings and communicate important information to team to ensure successful performance and proper interactions between departments
Note: The key accountabilities are not an exhaustive list and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 10+ years of Engineering experience
- Previous management experience
- Professional Engineering License (P. Eng.) is considered an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is considered an asset
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Must possess a valid passport for travel outside of Canada
- Outstanding leadership skills, with the ability to lead and train others
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Capability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquires to complaints and effectively present information to top management
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Aptitude to operate computers in a Microsoft Windows environment using software such as: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD, PLC programming software, HMI programming software, Drive programming software, and the Internet
- Adhere to a high degree of confidentiality
What it takes to succeed
- Leadership and accountability
- Creativity and innovation
- Emotional intelligence
- Delegation and empowerment
- Decision-making capabilities
- Ability to inspire others
- A commitment to quality and service
- Respect for others
- Commitment and passion
- Honesty and integrity
- Positive attitude
- A commitment to confidentiality
Powerhouse Controls is committed to providing a barrier-free interview process and accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the process, please contact our recruitment team.
For more information on this position, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org