PERKS, BENEFITS & GROWTH
Field Service and Commissioning Technician
Full Time 40 hours/week
We are an engineering solutions firm providing best in class services in designing, building, and implementing drive and motion solutions, automation solutions, along with custom and integrated technology solutions for our industrial / manufacturing customers.
We believe in innovation and the freedom that technology enables. Guided by our shared values, we aspire to empower our customers and exceed their engineering requirements that shape their operations and businesses.
What powerhouse can offer you!
- Competitive compensation packages including larger vacation entitlements, personal needs days, health benefits, profit sharing, the potential for annual raise, fitness incentives, CAA membership, and other perks
- Flexible work schedules with a focus on work-life balance.
- Culture initiatives including monthly social days, Weekly team lunches, Christmas party and family outings such as Wonderland and ice skating.
- Newly renovated office with the latest technologies, large lunchroom, ping pong, and foosball and various types of working spaces with a smart casual dress code
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
- RSP/401K matching
Reporting to the Engineering manager the senior field service technician will work closely with the engineering teams to effectively troubleshoot drive and motion and automation systems with a high level of customer service, efficiency and flexibility. In this role you will be interfacing with customers while providing engineering, service and support.
- Respond to assigned service calls at customer locations to do troubleshooting of equipment
- Identify and escalate issues requiring additional support
- Provide excellent customer service both over the phone and face to face, as well as have an ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences
- Assist with the commissioning of control systems designed and produced by Powerhouse Controls engineers.
- Document on site activities, through the use of Field Service Reports, Time Sheets, Expense Reports, Schematic Drawings, and Logs.
- Maintain the integrity of Engineering information by updating program changes on the company intranet system.
- Participate in extended hours, shift or 24/7 on-call rotation as required to meet business demands
Note: The key accountabilities are not an exhaustive list and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Electronics or Controls Engineering Technologist Diploma preferred
- 5+ years of Electrical Design or Programming experience and OR field service/commissioning experience.
- Experience with industry standard equipment (Rockwell, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Toyopuc etc.)
- Must be available to travel up to 80% of the time (Mostly day travel)
- A valid G Driver’s License with a clean Driver’s Abstract
- Familiarity with special terminology in the electrical engineering field
- Solid mechanical aptitude, problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Above average customer service skills and computer skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and pressure situations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquires or complaints. Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Skill to operate and interpret oscilloscopes and multi-meters
What it takes to succeed
- A commitment to quality and service
- Respect for others
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking and problem solving
Powerhouse Controls is committed to providing a barrier-free interview process and accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the process, please contact our recruitment team.
For more information on this position, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org