PERKS, BENEFITS & GROWTH
Full-time (40 hours/week)
The Materials Coordinator verifies and keeps records of incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment. Responsible for checking incoming merchandise against purchase orders to identify shortages, damaged goods, back orders and processing special orders. The Materials Coordinator must make sure the warehouse areas are neat, clean, and orderly.
- Prepare all shipping documents required for domestic and international shipment of goods.
- Package/crate and/or oversee the packaging of all shipments.
- Arrange transportation of all shipments.
- Maintaining Fabrication inventory using NetSuite.
- Receive, verify and sign for all incoming shipments.
- Work closely with purchasing department to get proper certificates for shipping.
- Confirm contents of shipment against packing slips, and purchase orders.
- Document and maintain records of backorders and short shipments.
- Initiate investigation of backorders and short shipments
- Work with Fabrication Manager to streamline processes and procedures
Note: The key accountabilities are not an exhaustive list and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- 3+ years of shipping/receiving experience
- 3+ years related experience in a warehouse/logistics/inventory environment
- Forklift license would be an asset
- Knowledge of and commitment to workplace safety and quality
- Microsoft Excel and Word experience required
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- A strong command of the English language (read, write, speak); understanding, following and dispensing of verbal and written instructions and schematics
- Attention to detail, organized, proactive and positive approach in the workplace
- You build effective working relationships and take pride in providing excellent customer service and solutions
- Job requires ability to work with a variety of equipment and tools
- Walk and stand for long periods. Open, bright plant environment
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required (e.g. safety boots, etc.)
What it takes to succeed
- A commitment to quality and service
- Strong intellectual curiosity and desire to learn
- Professionalism and commitment to meet and exceeding expectations
- Respect for others
- Dedicated and dependable
- Detail oriented
- Positive attitude
- Proactive / takes initiative
- A commitment to confidentiality
For more information on this position, contact us at email@example.com