PERKS, BENEFITS & GROWTH
Senior Wiring Technician
What Powerhouse can offer you!
- Competitive compensation packages including larger vacation entitlements, personal needs days, health benefits, profit sharing, RSP/401K matching, the potential for annual raise, fitness incentives, CAA membership, and other perks
- Flexible work schedules with a focus on work-life balance.
- Culture initiatives including monthly social days, Weekly team lunches, Christmas party and family outings such as Wonderland and ice skating.
- Newly renovated office with the latest technologies, large lunchroom, ping pong, and foosball and various types of working spaces with a smart casual dress code
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
You will work closely with the fabrication and engineering teams to build effective drive and motion, automation, custom and integrated technology products and solutions with a high level of customer service, efficiency and flexibility.
You are resourceful, reliable and enjoy challenges. You also value and uphold high standards and code of conduct with respect to adhering to and meeting all safety, quality, and fabrication requirements, schedules and deadlines.
Candidates will only be considered if they have robust experience in building large industrial drive panels. This role requires extensive experience working with bare copper, flexi-bus, heavy power cables with a good comprehension of custom copper processing.
- Able to work from start to finish on work order with minimal supervision. Able to provide recommendations in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of customer/product issue(s)
- Carry out preparation and finishing work which includes, but is not limited to: standard and custom cutting, wiring, assembly, and component integration.
- Provide inputs to the engineering team in case of technical issues and troubleshooting as required.
- Check material for conformance prior to fabricating, including quality inspection and control.
- Complete all production related paperwork, including but not limited to, requisitioning of material accurately and efficiently and KPI data collection. Including material movement and stock up orders as required.
- Operate all equipment and tools in a safe and effective manner, working harmoniously in a team environment under general supervision.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in work area using various space and work flow optimization principles.
- Actively participate in and support continuous improvement initiatives, best practice methodologies and operating policies and procedures.
- Occasionally attend job sites to evaluate/correct/service issues with product as directed by the Fabrication Manager.
- Have a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 10+ years of building large industrial drive panels
- Experience working with bare copper, flexi-bus, heavy power cables
- Experience with custom copper processing
- Knowledge of and commitment to workplace safety and quality.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- A strong command of the English language (read, write, speak); understanding, following and dispensing of verbal and written instructions and schematics.
- Attention to detail, organized, proactive and positive approach in the work place.
- You build effective working relationships and take pride in providing excellent customer service and solutions.
- Requires good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Job requires ability to work with a variety of equipment and tools.
- Walk and stand for long periods. Open, bright plant environment.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required (e.g. safety boots, etc.).
- Overtime as required.
- Location, hours of work, duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations.
What it takes to succeed
- A commitment to quality and service
- Respect for others
- Detail oriented
- Positive attitude
- Proactive/takes initiative
- Capability to problem solve
- A commitment to confidentiality
Powerhouse Controls is committed to providing a barrier-free interview process and accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the process, please contact our recruitment team.
For more information on this position, contact us at email@example.com