PERKS, BENEFITS & GROWTH
You will work closely with the fabrication and engineering teams to build effective drive and motion, automation, custom and integrated technology products and solutions with a high level of customer service, efficiency and flexibility.
You are resourceful, reliable and enjoy challenges. You also value and uphold high standards and code of conduct with respect to adhering to and meeting all safety, quality, and fabrication requirements, schedules and deadlines.
- Able to work from start to finish on work order with minimal supervision. Able to provide recommendations in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of customer/product issue(s)
- Carry out preparation and finishing work which includes, but is not limited to: standard and custom cutting, wiring, assembly, and component integration.
- Provide inputs to the engineering team in case of technical issues and troubleshooting as required.
- Check material for conformance prior to fabricating, including quality inspection and control.
- Complete all production related paperwork, including but not limited to, requisitioning of material accurately and efficiently and KPI data collection. Including material movement and stock up orders as required.
- Operate all equipment and tools in a safe and effective manner, working harmoniously in a team environment under general supervision.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in work area using various space and work flow optimization principles.
- Actively participate in and support continuous improvement initiatives, best practice methodologies and operating policies and procedures.
- Occasionally attend job sites to evaluate/correct/service issues with product as directed by the Fabrication Manager.
- Have a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years fabrication experience (electrical, mechanical) in a similar industry is required.
- Knowledge of and commitment to workplace safety and quality.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- A strong command of the English language (read, write, speak); understanding, following and dispensing of verbal and written instructions and schematics.
- Attention to detail, organized, proactive and positive approach in the work place.
- You build effective working relationships and take pride in providing excellent customer service and solutions.
- Requires good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Job requires ability to work with a variety of equipment and tools.
- Walk and stand for long periods. Open, bright plant environment.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required (e.g. safety boots, etc.).
- Overtime as required. For a short period of time during expansion and relocation in late 2018/early 2019, some travel required between the two offices (Cambridge & Stratford).
- Location, hours of work, duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations.
What it takes to succeed
- A commitment to quality and service
- Respect for others
- Detail oriented
- Positive attitude
- Proactive/takes initiative
- Capability to problem solve
- A commitment to confidentiality
For more information on this position, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org