PERKS, BENEFITS & GROWTH
Full-time (40 hours/week)
What powerhouse can offer you!
- Competitive compensation packages including larger vacation entitlements, personal needs days, health benefits, profit sharing, RSP/401K matching, the potential for annual raise, fitness incentives, CAA membership, and other perks
- Flexible work schedules with a focus on work-life balance.
- Culture initiatives including monthly social days, Weekly team lunches, Christmas party and family outings such as Wonderland and ice skating.
- Newly renovated office with the latest technologies, large lunchroom, ping pong, and foosball and various types of working spaces with a smart casual dress code
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
The Applications Engineer / Specialist is responsible for the quotation and sales support of engineered drive systems, automation systems and services. Other responsibilities include identifying new applications, developing & maintaining relationships with suppliers and existing customers, and expanding our customer base.
This position requires an individual with exceptional technical application skills and a proven record of success with engineered systems and service projects in the $25,000 to $750,000 range in targeted industrial applications. The ideal candidate is passionate about solving technical challenges, has a sound understanding of industrial applications and processes and enjoys working in a dynamic industry.
- Assist in selling drive and automation systems and services to assigned and new customers
- Identify technical and commercial risks
- Develop concepts with other Powerhouse Controls resources, as required
- Develop a thorough understanding of Powerhouse Controls products and services, existing and potential capabilities, plus the benefits and advantages to customers
- Write technical specifications
- Interact with suppliers to obtain major component costs
- Prepare labour and material costing for quotations
- Prepare and submit technical proposals and commercial offer documentsas described in company procedures
- Participate in customer quote review meetings at customer locations or virtually
- Participate in negotiations and help close sales
- Prepare as sold cost worksheet and proposal documents to be submitted for order entry and project hand over to project management and engineering
- Lead the technical and commercial walk though during the project kick-off meeting
- Assist in post order activities, as required by project management and engineering
- Create change order quotations as required
- Develop and maintain relationships with supplier partners
Note: The key accountabilities are not an exhaustive list and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Minimum 5 plus years of work experience in similar or related activities
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and passport for travel
- Knowledge of AC and DC drive systems and / or PLC and HMI programming
- Strong analytical ability and knowledge of industrial technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience preparing and presenting technical and commercial proposals
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Superb customer service and interpersonal skills
- CAD skills
- In-depth knowledge of successful sales techniques and negotiating skills
- Ability to initiate and close sales opportunities
- Eng. or CET designation
What it takes to succeed
- A commitment to quality and service
- Respect for others
- Detail oriented
- Positive attitude
- Proactive/takes initiative
- Capability to problem solve
- A commitment to confidentiality
Powerhouse Controls is committed to providing a barrier-free interview process and accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the process, please contact our recruitment team.
For more information on this position, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org