PERKS, BENEFITS & GROWTH
We are an engineering solutions firm providing best in class services in designing, building, and implementing drive and motion solutions, automation solutions, along with custom and integrated technology solutions for our industrial / manufacturing customers.
We believe in innovation and the freedom that technology enables. Guided by our shared values, we aspire to empower our customers and exceed their engineering requirements that shape their operations and businesses.
What powerhouse can offer you!
- Competitive compensation packages including larger vacation entitlements, personal needs days, health benefits, profit sharing, RSP/401K matching, the potential for annual raise, fitness incentives, CAA membership, and other perks
- Flexible work schedules with a focus on work-life balance.
- Culture initiatives including monthly social days, Weekly team lunches, Christmas party and family outings such as Wonderland and ice skating.
- Newly renovated office with the latest technologies, large lunchroom, ping pong, and foosball and various types of working spaces with a smart casual dress code
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
Reporting to the VP of Applications, the Applications Engineer is responsible for the quotation and sales support of engineered drive and automation systems and services assigned and new industrial customers. Other responsibilities include identifying new applications, develop and maintain relationships with existing customers and expand our customer base.
This position requires an individual with exceptional application and sales skills and a proven record of success selling engineered systems and services in the $25,000 to $750,000 range in targeted industrial applications. The ideal candidate is passionate about solving technical challenges, must have a sound understanding of customer applications and processes and enjoys working in a dynamic industry.
- Sell drive and automation systems and services to assigned and develop new customers
- Participate in customer quote review meetings at the customer’s facility
- Identify technical and commercial risks
- Develop concepts with Powerhouse Controls’ resources, as required
- Prepare and submit technical proposals and commercial offers
- Write technical specifications
- Prepare labour and material cost sheets
- Interact with suppliers to obtain major component costs
- Review cost sheets, technical proposal and commercial offer as described in company procedure
- Conduct negotiations and close sales
- Develop a thorough understanding of Powerhouse Controls products and services, existing and potential capabilities, plus benefits and advantages to the customer
- Assist in post order activities, as required
- As sold cost worksheet and proposal submitted to order service
- Lead the technical and commercial walk though during the project kick off meeting
- Change order quotations
- Develop and maintain relationships with supplier partners
Note: The key accountabilities are not an exhaustive list and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Engineering or Technologist
- Minimum 7 years of related work experience in similar or related activities
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and passport for travel
- Knowledge of AC and DC drives systems
- PLC and HMI programming experience
- CAD skills
- Strong analytical ability and knowledge of industry technology
- In-depth knowledge of successful sales techniques and negotiating skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience preparing and presenting technical and commercial proposals
- Ability to initiate and close sales opportunities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Superb customer service and interpersonal skills
- Skill to respond effectively to inquires or complaints from customers
What it takes to succeed
- A commitment to quality and service
- Respect for others
- Detail oriented
- Positive attitude
- Proactive/takes initiative
- Capability to problem solve
- A commitment to confidentiality
Powerhouse Controls is committed to providing a barrier-free interview process and accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the process, please contact our recruitment team.
For more information on this position, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org