PERKS, BENEFITS & GROWTH
Full Time 40 hours/week
We are an engineering solutions firm providing best in class services in designing, building, and implementing drive and motion solutions, automation solutions, along with custom and integrated technology solutions for our industrial / manufacturing customers.
We believe in innovation and the freedom that technology enables. Guided by our shared values, we aspire to empower our customers and exceed their engineering requirements that shape their operations and businesses.
What powerhouse can offer you!
- Competitive compensation packages including larger vacation entitlements, personal needs days, health benefits, profit sharing, the potential for annual raise, fitness incentives, CAA membership, and other perks
- Flexible work schedules with a focus on work-life balance.
- Culture initiatives including monthly social days, Weekly team lunches, Christmas party and family outings such as Wonderland and ice skating.
- Newly renovated office with the latest technologies, large lunchroom, ping pong, and foosball and various types of working spaces with a smart casual dress code
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Project Lead will oversee the technical tasks of assigned projects. They will excel in a multi-faceted role supporting our clients in the Automation Solutions space. They will develop and articulate solutions to complex client automation problems, oversee project execution at a high level providing conceptual and technical expertise, develop and maintain client relationships and provide mentorship and coaching to junior team members.
- Partner with the Project Managers and Control System Designers in areas including:
- Design and creation of projects
- Functional specification development
- System architecture design
- PLC/HMI programming
- Testing of systems
- Startup and commissioning at our customers’ sites
- Provide specific technical expertise and guidance in the development of employee skills, acting as a mentor and coach for junior employees as a cohesive team player
- Participate in planning sessions with the Engineering Manager and Project Manager
- Interface with customers and offer strong technical expertise and advisement as part of the project team
- Ensure that all changes to the scope of supply are promptly documented and reported
- Ensure all sub-contractor specifications and instructions are provided in a timely manner
- Responsible for the creation, accuracy and timeline delivery of the Bill of Materials
- Participate in the development of best practices, procedures and standardized design
- Completion of all project and site documentation
- Takes turns in handling after hours emergency service calls
- Drive continuous improvement
Note: The key accountabilities are not an exhaustive list and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Five or more years of Electrical Design or Industrial Controls programming experience
- Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) or Professional Engineering License (P. Eng.) is considered an asset
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and passport for travel
- Proven track record in the design, programming, testing, commissioning and maintenance of control systems, including Control Panels, PLCs, SCADA, Instrumentation, HMIs, System Virtualization, and Information Software
- Ability to multi-task, exercise good judgment and prioritize workload through outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively
- Proficiency with different software tools and computer applications including but not limited to Microsoft Office, PLC programming software, electrical schematic design software, HMI programming software, Drive programming software and industrial networks
- Skill to respond effectively to inquires or complaints from customers
- Capability to problem solve
- Ability to operate and interpret oscilloscopes and multi-meters
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
What it takes to succeed
- A commitment to quality and service
- Respect for others
- Detail oriented
- Positive attitude
- Proactive/takes initiative
- A commitment to confidentiality
Powerhouse Controls is committed to providing a barrier-free interview process and accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the process, please contact our recruitment team.
For more information on this position, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org