PERKS, BENEFITS & GROWTH
Full Time 40 hours/week
We are an engineering solutions firm providing best in class services in designing, building, and implementing drive and motion solutions, automation solutions, along with custom and integrated technology solutions for our industrial / manufacturing customers.
We believe in innovation and the freedom that technology enables. Guided by our shared values, we aspire to empower our customers and exceed their engineering requirements that shape their operations and businesses.
What powerhouse can offer you!
- Competitive compensation packages including larger vacation entitlements, personal needs days, health benefits, profit sharing, RSP/401K matching, the potential for annual raise, fitness incentives, CAA membership, and other perks
- Flexible work schedules with a focus on work-life balance.
- Culture initiatives including monthly social days, Weekly team lunches, Christmas party and family outings such as Wonderland and ice skating.
- Newly renovated office with the latest technologies, large lunchroom, ping pong, and foosball and various types of working spaces with a smart casual dress code
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
Reporting to the Director of Project Management, the Project Manager is accountable for successful planning and execution of various projects from start to finish. The Project Manager leads, directs, and exercises functional authority over all aspects of projects including planning, organizing, budgeting, and cost reporting. They ensure that the goals and objectives of each project are accomplished on schedule and within budget while ensuring quality and safety standards are met.
- Define project scope, goals, timelines and deliverables
- Define tasks and required resources
- Set up and manage project implementation team including subcontractors
- Coordinate onsite safety compliance
- Work with engineering team and other departments to manage day to day scheduling
- Identify risks in the project and create plans to mitigate risks during the project cycle
- Manage project budget and costs
- Work with respective department leads to ensure project resources are assigned to meet the project schedule
- Create schedule and track deliverables
- Support and direct the project team
- Act as the lead customer interface, keeping them aware of the plan, issues, changes and status of their project
- Lead quality assurance and control on assigned projects
- Monitor and report on project progress to the Project Directors and other key stakeholders
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs
Note: The key accountabilities are not an exhaustive list and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or relevant field of study
- Minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience
- Experience in the Systems Integration industry or related as an Engineer and/or Technologist
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is considered an asset
- Experience in Automation and/or Drives Systems integration is considered an asset
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and passport for travel
- Strong client-focused approach, dedicated to providing exceptional client experiences to our internal and external customers
- Ability to multi-task, exercise good judgment and prioritize workload through outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to lead others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with workflows and Gantt charts
- Experience organizing multi-discipline sub trades
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively
What it takes to succeed
- A commitment to quality and service
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Agility and adaptability
- Able to tolerate stress and competing demands
- Respect for others and interpersonal
- Detail oriented
- Positive attitude
- Proactive/takes initiative
- A commitment to confidentiality
Powerhouse Controls is committed to providing a barrier-free interview process and accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the process, please contact our recruitment team.
For more information on this position, contact us at email@example.com