PERKS, BENEFITS & GROWTH
What Powerhouse can offer you!
- Competitive compensation packages including larger vacation entitlements, personal needs days, health benefits, profit sharing, RSP/401K matching, the potential for annual raise, fitness incentives, CAA membership, and other perks
- Flexible work schedules with a focus on work-life balance.
- Culture initiatives including monthly social days, Weekly team lunches, Christmas party and family outings such as Wonderland and ice skating.
- Newly renovated office with the latest technologies, large lunchroom, ping pong, and foosball and various types of working spaces with a smart casual dress code
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
The Sales Engineer is responsible for driving sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients. The Sales Engineer needs to be an ambitious, energetic and results-driven individual who collaborates both internally and externally to support the company’s sales strategy.
This role requires strong technical knowledge, and the incumbent must have previously worked in a technical engineering role in the Automation and Drives industry. Experience at a Systems Integrator would be considered an asset.
- Manage and develop customer base to deliver profitable growth; including client visits, presentations, calls and exhibitions
- Support strategic planning and development of new client’s
- Ensure follow-up to update prospects, leads and opportunities within corporate CRM system
- Promote company services
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Review, recommend and execute on opportunities for strategic partnering
- Support preparation and execution of business development plans, based on corporate goals
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Actively participate in the preparation of proposals and sales contracts
Note: The key accountabilities are not an exhaustive list and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Previous experience in a technical engineering role is required
- Electrical Engineering Technician Diploma or equivalent
- Professional Engineering License (P. Eng.) or Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) is considered an asset
- Proven work experience in sales and business development roles
- A self-driven and gregarious personality with strong business acumen
- Background in Drives and Automation will be essential
- Experience in metals, mining, material handling, automotive, web applications and other industrial processes will be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence without authority
- Understand the concept of Value Engineering as well as necessary steps to be successful in driving VE opportunities
- Experience with CRM software and digital marketing tools and techniques
- Driver’s license and passport with the ability to travel both domestically and internationally. Travel will primarily be within Ontario and North-Eastern USA
What it takes to succeed
- Teamwork, collaboration, and strong interpersonal skills
- Results driven, strong problem solver with agile intellect
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strategic thinking
- Positive attitude
- Logical and reasoning driven
- Superior organizational skills
- Customer focus
- Ability to plan and execute
- Believe in a continuous improvement philosophy
- A commitment to confidentiality
Powerhouse Controls is committed to providing a barrier-free interview process and accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the process, please contact our recruitment team.
For more information on this position, contact us at email@example.com