PERKS, BENEFITS & GROWTH
Senior Electrical Designer
Full-time (40 hours/week)
We are an engineering solutions firm providing best in class services in designing, building, and implementing drive and motion solutions, automation solutions, along with custom and integrated technology solutions for our industrial / manufacturing customers.
We believe in innovation and the freedom that technology enables. Guided by our shared values, we aspire to empower our customers and exceed their engineering requirements that shape their operations and businesses.
What powerhouse can offer you!
- Competitive compensation packages including larger vacation entitlements, personal needs days, health benefits, profit sharing, RSP/401K matching, the potential for annual raise, fitness incentives, CAA membership, and other perks
- Flexible work schedules with a focus on work-life balance.
- Culture initiatives including monthly social days, Weekly team lunches, Christmas party and family outings such as Wonderland and ice skating.
- Newly renovated office with the latest technologies, large lunchroom, ping pong, and foosball and various types of working spaces with a smart casual dress code
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
This challenging opportunity is to be an integral part of our engineering team. The selected candidate will be responsible to prepare detailed electrical schematics, bills of materials, and panel layouts, in addition to completing engineering project administrative and design detailing tasks for assigned projects. The candidate will also be involved in the development of EPLAN / AutoCAD Electrical drawing system and tools.
- Responsible for executing and overseeing design planning, the creation of detailed schematics, bill of materials, and panel layout drawings, in accordance with design data and established drafting standards.
- Responsible for Site Kick off, site investigation, design, panel build, panel testing and installation support.
- Complete drawing/project responsibility within scope, budget, and schedule.
- Quality Control and design reviews.
- Organize and maintain symbol libraries, plot frames, reports and project templates using EPLAN P8 and AutoCAD software.
- Develop, update, and enforce drawing standards and customized tools.
- Provide training and support to design engineers and in-house CAD users.
Note: The key accountabilities are not an exhaustive list and other duties may be assigned as needed
- Degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Control Systems, Robotics & Automation, or similar programs.
- Minimum 10 Years’ experience working as an Electrical Designer.
- Valid driver’s license, passport with the ability to work in the USA.
- Experience using EPLAN P8 and AutoCAD 2D is an asset.
- Solid understanding of AC and DC drive systems, PLC systems and control networks.
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously with a team of professionals.
- Works well with a variety of different people from diverse backgrounds.
- Solid time management skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written.
- Motivated and passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration.
What it takes to succeed
- A commitment to quality and service
- Respect for others
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Positive attitude
Powerhouse Controls is committed to providing a barrier-free interview process and accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the process, please contact our recruitment team.
For more information on this position, contact us at email@example.com